Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One month from today...

I WILL BE HOME!

Patty arrived about 2 weeks ago (I'm not sure if I mentioned that before)... but she's everything I imagined her to be when we made up her personality at the program... very dry-witted and funny. AND she HAPPENS to be a Frank Sinatra fan, second in a family of four girls, and having gone to a Legionary school her entire life. Sound familiar?
Last week my team traveled to Dallas for a get-together weekend with the Dallas team... SO MUCH FUN. I love them.
Then we lead retreats for Rolling Hills Academy girls in San Antonio (about 6hrs from Dallas)
Since then, Lindsey's family came (also from ATL) and took her out for her 25th birthday. Angie, Paulina, Patty, and I partied (apostolically) by ourselves that weekend. Lindsey's parents bought us gardening stuff, so I'm really sore from digging in our back yard to plant our cactus-like flowers yesterday. But I really do like gardening- I didn't even notice it was hard until I woke up this morning.
We've just been working on pretty small things. The retreats in San Antonio took up a lot of time, so now we're just getting back into the Houston events: visiting Challenge meetings, finding dates for Young Women triduums, getting encounters started, coming up with a new campaign for Northwoods K4J... things like that.
COWORKER NORMS ALSO CHANGED! I can call home ONCE a week and email twice a week! Very exciting, though it sounds pathetic :D

1 month!
Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you!!! May an insect never land on you until the sun rises in the west.
    Love,
    Your Daddio

    ReplyDelete